Five Reasons Why Government Buyers Choose GoVets
The federal government's 2022 fiscal year buying season is less than 2 months away. Government buyers are establishing trusted sources of supply throughout the year, but particularly in the closing weeks of the fiscal year. This article describes why Government buyers choose GoVets over and over again. As a VA-verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), GoVets has the ability to help Government buyers allocate their year-end budget in the most effective way - GoVets offers our Government customers value in terms of Government Pricing, Discounts, Payment Options, Product Selection, Diversity, and Experience. In fact, GoVets was originally envisioned with Government Buyers in mind (see GoVets > NVSBC Briefing to the US Congress about GoVets) and over time, we have continued to evolve the platform to give our Government Buyers the priority when it comes to enhancements, support, and focus.
1) Government Pricing, Discounts, Free Shipping & Tax-Free Purchases:
Government Buyers have access to the best possible pricing on GoVets. Simply register an account on GoVets, make sure to select Government as your account type and you'll gain access to the following benefits:
- Government Pricing on ALL GoVets Products,
- Special Discounts up to 50% OFF MSRP on millions of Products and thousands of categories,
- 100% Free Shipping (Parcel & Freight),
- Volume (Quantity) Discounts are automatically applied to your cart,
- Tax Exempt purchases are available upon submitting your tax exempt certificate(s),
- Fast, Easy and Secure Checkout.
2) Product Selection (MRO, IT, Office, Health, PPE):
GoVets is now the Largest Veteran-Owned Online Super Store in the USA.
We now offer several million products across the following major categories:
- Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO), Industrial Products, Tools & Equipment,
- Information Technology (IT), Electronics, & Software,
- Office Supplies, Furniture, Cleaning and Janitorial Equipment and Supplies,
- Medical and Health Equipment and Supplies,
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
3) Product Availability and Transparency:
Due to our integrations with our partners and suppliers, we provide the most up-to-date information available, including:
- Stock Availability
- Quantity Available
- Product Lead Times (# of Days before an item ships out)
- Updated Product Descriptions
- Daily Updates on Products and Inventory
- Daily Product Removals (Discontinued or Out of Stock Products)
Our sophisticated interfaces and integrations with our partners provide the best possible information to our customers to make sure expectations are clearly set for all parties. We welcome our government customers to reach out for product availability requests via Chat, Ticket Submission or our VIP Line (available for Government Customers ONLY, upon logging into GoVets).
4) Payment Options and Quote Requests:
We know that our Government customers have may have different payment requirements. Although the easiest (and preferred) mechanism for GoVets is to use our default Credit Card payment during Checkout, we do support several other Payment Options that are specific to our Government Customers. As shown on our Accepted Forms of Payment page, we can support the following options:
- Credit & Debit Cards - GoVets accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. GoVets also supports Government Purchase Cards.
- GoVets Net 30 Credit Line for Businesses and Local, State and Federal Government Organizations - Apply for GoVets Net 30 Credit Line and purchase items on GoVets up to your credit limit. Once you are approved / authorized, GoVets will submit your Net 30 Terms invoices upon processing your order.
- Custom Payment Options for Businesses and Local, State and Federal Government Organizations - GoVets can work with your internal payment system to help you pay using your preferred organizational payment workflow that is uniquely available to your Corporate/Government users when they are logged into GoVets. We are integrated with systems such as the Tungsten Network, Transcepta, Exostar, PIEE, and other Enterprise Payment Systems based on our Government customer needs. We can also support Punch-out capabilities or expand our payment options to include other unique payment types, such as ACH, Check, PrePay, Internal Credits, etc. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Registered Government Customers have the ability to submit request for quotes for any item listed on GoVets. This powerful capability allows Governments buyers to determine if GoVets can meet a certain volume discount or if we can provide the quantities requested by the Government Buyer. Upon submitting your quote request, you will receive a notification within 1 business day if the quote, along with your recommended prices and quantities have been approved. One approved, you can SIGN IN to your account to view your quote, and then purchase these items within your quote by adding them to your regular Shopping Cart and then going through the standard checkout process.
5) Diversity, Qualifications and Experience:
Our Government customers can rest assured that they are dealing with a seasoned organization that is capable of handling their needs, acquisition requirements and expectations for the following reasons:
- GoVets is owned/operated by Veratics, Inc - A VA Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (founded in January, 2013).
- Our technology and automation (EDI, XML, API, FTP, etc) now supports millions of products, tens of thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of shoppers each month. Note that we DO NOT SELL on Amazon or other Marketplaces.
- Customers include Government Buyers (Federal, State and Local Government buyers), Academic Institutions, First Responders, Healthcare Organizations, Small to Large businesses, including Fortune 100 companies and Major Government Contractors.
- A portion of each sales goes towards Non-Profit Veteran Causes of National Significance through the National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC.org), who has testified in front of the US Congress on our behalf.
- We are also a GSA Prime Contractor, SDB Member on CIO-SP3, Approved Raytheon and Accenture Supplier, Protégé Supplier of Highmark & United Concordia, and have contracts within the TRICARE program.
- We were also the Disability:IN Supplier of the Year in 2018 - nominated by Highmark, Inc for ongoing IT Development and Technology projects completed for Highmark over several years.
- We are a Technology company that offers full suite of Development, Engineering, Architecture and Infrastructure services for our customers.
- We are on the GSA Schedule and have a high CPARS rating based on several recent projects.
- We have a DCAA Approved Timekeeping and Accounting System.
We truly appreciate the opportunity to work with our Government customers and partners on all types of acquisitions, large or small. Whether you need to purchase a $10 hard-to-find item or you need support as part of a multi-million dollar acquisition project, GoVets is your partner from start to end. Each and every one of our Government customers are VIPs when shopping on GoVets. We want to make sure you get this experience, so you can be a returning customer and share your experience!